1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This guy sickens me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Jun 14, 2006.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=435393

I hope this doesn't deliniate into something ugly ... but, man, I got sick to my stomach reading this ... and sicker knowing there are a lot more like this guy out there.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I don't know why a paper would even publicize an old nut like that. I know there's the argument that sunlight is the best disinfectant, but paying him attention just seems wrong.....if you're going to do it, take it from the angle that the local synagogues and civil rights groups are horribly offended, not leading off with this kook's comments...

And good point on the "who most believe" bit. Who cares that this old nut thinks the Holocaust didn't happen? The evidence can't be argued with.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Look here, I don't want to hear shit about this old, meaningless bastard. You want a problem? I give you the state of Alabama and Attorney General candidate Larry Darby:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/12/AR2006051201648.html

Quick takeout to save you the time:

Also, from an interview with Darby in the Montgomery Advertiser:

Bad, right?

Not a snowball's chance in ... well, Alabama, wouldn't you say?

Election results from last Tuesday's primary:

Attorney General - - Dem Primary
    3240 of 3240 Precincts Reporting - 100.00%

Name Party Votes Pct

Tyson, John Dem 211,185 56.47%

Darby, Larry Dem 162,791 43.53%

162,000 VOTES. ONE. HUNDRED. SIXTY-TWO. THOUSAND. VOTES.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Mizzou just got a hanging curveball. :D

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Damn. I didn't think that asshole would get 2 percent of the vote. That's really, really disturbing. Alabama's a conservative state, but they've got decent sized cities , big businesses and colleges there...it ain't a bunch of inbred rednecks chasing each other around with shotguns. I mean, I thought the atheist thing would have killed him in Alabama, but to throw in the Holocaust denial, that's usually poison to the few who could overlook an athiest candidate. Either there are a bunch of dumb-asses voting in the primary who don't know who they're voting for, or people voted for him as a protest against the other guy or there are a bunch of racist, hateful dumb-asses voting.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Oh, those wacky Democrats.

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Why is the Holocaust such a widely denied occurrence? I mean, you never hear about people denying that Chernobyl happened or we dropped two A-Bombs on Japan or really any other historical event.

Granted people joke about the Moon landings being staged, but that all it is-a joke. The Holocaust for whatever reason doubted by so many.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, there's also the whole "Intelligent Design" crowd...

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You read through all those quotes and that's your response? Wacky Democrats?

That's about as pointless as saying, oh, those wacky white people.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

actually, people laugh about the moon landings being staged because plenty of people actually did think they were staged in Hollywood.

people either invent shit or deny shit they want to believe so others view the world much like they do ... i don't think WMD is something we've all forgotten yet.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Liberals are humorless. How's that, Dog?

Get over yourself.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It wasn't funny, dickhead. Not my fault.

You want something to be taken as a joke, try making it funny. Solves the whole problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted