1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This could be very "inconvenient"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/14/ice_age/

Hey, it's science. And we all know it is wrong to argue with science, right?

Hope to pick up some of those carbon credits on eBay soon...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Amazing how often those who have issues with what falls under the phrase "global warming" have no idea what it is.

3. Except this story is about a period of low sun activity, which has nothing to do with claims of man-made climate change.

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Claims, you should add, that are backed up by faulty science and manipulated data. First it is global cooling in the 1970's, then acid rain in the 1980's, then global warming in the 1990's, followed by climate change which morphed into man-made global warming today. I know exactly what it is, OOP...it is a cottage industry used by scientists to get funding and by Al Gore to get filthy rich. It is a fictional problem supported by faulty science and manipulated data that keeps politically correct climatoligists in the money through grants that waste our tax dollars. Global warming, climate change, man-made global warming or whatever it turns into next is a church where I refuse to worship...but the science is settled, right?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Science sucks. Ask yourself, "What has science ever done for me?"

Nothin'. That's what.

6. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014