1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Bill Simmons column was brought to you by Sore Winners Inc.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Nov 9, 2007.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

So the officials made the wrong call on Aaron Moorhead's obviously out of bounds catch for the Colts, but the replay officials overturned it, to the Pats' benefit. Can't you see what they're doing? They're hiding the conspiracy against New England by actually making calls in the Pats' favor! It's diabolical!

2. Considering that the Phoenix has had a grand total of three editors since 1978, and it had the same one from 1989 until last year, I'm calling a little bullshit on that story,

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That's what I heard. I don't know the entire story, nor is it my place to.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

By the way, if Simmons is reading this, the Karate Kid SUCKED!

When a movie franchise treads into Peter Cetera territory for inspiration, I can say with certainty you've had your leg swept and fell into wussland.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So having the chance to do it again you wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for him?

6. Shawshank blew pretty hard, too.
    Steel Magnolias for men.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yeah, but Brett Favre isn't. With Moss, Favre could be throwing all the rainbows he wanted, and Moss would come down with them. The other receivers would be as open as Wes Welker once Moss started running downfield. Your Pack would go from yeah-they-could-win-the-weak-NFC to legitimate Super Bowl contender. Heck, their D is as strong or stronger than NE's. Sure, Moss has alligator arms over the middle, but you don't hire Randy Moss to catch six-yard curls, just like you don't hire Deion Sanders for run support.

I was at the Colts-Pats game, too, and if there was one thing I noticed about the refs, it's that they were going to call any contact on a long pass play. On Moss' big catch, Antoine Bethea was called for interference for contact not much different than Samuels' or Hobbs' calls. It was a great game that lived up to its hype -- isn't that enough?

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I heard somewhere that this crew was tops in the league in offensive pass interference calls.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys are projecting Randy Moss, version Pats on the Packers. I don't think it would have played out that way.

I don't think he would have fully bought in as much as he has in New England, because the Packers wouldn't have been perceived as Super Bowl material when he would have arrived.

I'm not saying I would have been averse to having Moss, but I don't think he'd have the revival he's enjoyed in New England.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

C'mon Fen, what was wrong with Shawshank?
    Simmons has gone downhill IMO, I think that type of writing can only be done for so long and I think for the most part that time has come.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

:mad:

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

God bless you, Fenian. If Robbins' character had willed himself invisible and escaped, it would have been more plausible than the actual plan. It's confounding that so many people bought that b.s.

As for Simmons, he's surprisingly got his finger on the pulse of Boston sports fans. There's been an awful lot of whining about the refs in that game on the radio here, and it's extremely tiresome. The "world's against us" mentality has spread from the sidelines to the bleachers.

Draft saved Draft deleted