1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thinking about going to a midnight movie show, any advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, May 3, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Heavy Metal or Liquid Sky

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Merry Christmas Movie House!!!

I hate midnight shows... When Episode I came out, my roommate and I started standing in line at 10 p.m. and after about five minutes there some guy in full Greedo costume walked up behind us and started talking to us in Greedo language.

My roommate and I looked at each other and said, "Fuck this, we'll see it tomorrow..."

I had one job where I got invited to most of the media screenings. I was friends with someone who was a film critic for a TV station and she would get a shitload of passes and if I was in town I would go every single time. We'd get to see everything about a week before it came out, and in rare instances a month or two before they came out. I remember seeing American Pie a long time before it was in theaters.

It was nothing I'm sure compared to what Tiger Vols gets to see, but it was really cool. The media screeings were great because everybody was well-behaved.

3. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

Advice? Sure....

[​IMG]

Do...not...seek...the treaure! It's a bushwhack. They're fixin' an ambush!

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

The best advice I got was from a co-worker who said don't go because I would end up sleeping in the theater. He was right. Called myself going to get a nap before going around 10 p.m. and didn't wake up until 9:30 a.m. I guess I'll have to catch a matinee.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow, what a drip.

[​IMG]

6. Mizzougrad96

If you can fall asleep in a Superhero movie in a packed theater on opening night, that's impressive, scary and pathetic at the same time. :D

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Mizzou, when my body shuts down, it shuts down. LOL

8. Mizzougrad96

For me, there is nothing more relaxing than going to the movies. That said, I don't particularly care for opening nights. I prefer a matinee with 12 people in the theater. No screaming kids, no conversations, no cell phones, I can put my feet up and just watch.

We're putting a theater into our play room over Christmas. It's a gradual process where we're buying a few things at a time, but we've already bought the projector if you want to call it that. I can't believe how inexpensive they are. Perfect for watching sports or movies.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I love midnight showings. They're exciting, and everyone's in a good mood because if you weren't really excited to see the movie, you'd have stayed home.

The nerds in costumes doesn't bother me, though I've never taken part, and, well, I'm there too. I don't much room to talk. I did the last two Star Wars movies and the last two Harry Potters. Those were fun. I also did Iron Man 2 and there were like 10 people there. That was less fun. I liked the movie well enough, but struggled to keep my eyes open.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How the hell does this go unnoticed?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Versatile talking about jacking off = dog bites man.

And hey, I had a pretty good, albeit shorter, one.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[quote author=dooley_womack1, in every post-coital conversation he's had]
    And hey, I had a pretty good, albeit shorter, one.
    [/quote]

Draft saved Draft deleted