1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think twice before you order that next hot dog at Angel Stadium

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. boots

boots New Member

I think you might make this case for every MLB stadium. Especially those in the minors. In some places, the color of those dogs freighten me.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was my first thought, too. Big open areas, lots of trash that doesn't get picked up for a few hours, at least. A lot of them by rivers. It seems like having rats around would be unavoidable. Hell, at Veterans Stadium they were almost like pets.
    But the article compared Angel Stadium to Dodger Stadium and Petco, and the vermin violations at those places was A LOT lower than 118. More like a couple.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Duh! Because it's so close to this critter's home:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Vermin Violation would be a good name for a band or a fantasy team.

And the fact that rats are running around the stadium has nothing to do with the hot dogs, which are filled with much worse things at the factory.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to threadjack, but there's a local guy named Marvin Zindler (he was the real person who got the real Chicken Ranch shut down, ala Best Little Whorehouse in Texas), who did/does weekly reports on restaurants and supermarkets which fail health reports. He's famous for his song "Slime in the Ice Machine."

The only problem is, I used to dread finding out a place where I'd just eaten would be on his list.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Marvin just died like a week ago. I loved the "SLIME IN THE ICEBOX" rants he had during his restaurant reports.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It made for good TV, to be sure. But I can't forgive him for shutting down the Chicken Ranch.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Marvin died? That's too bad. One of a kind, that guy.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I knew a guy named Vincent Ludwig who ordered a hot dog at an Angels game and almost bit into a finger in a bun.

11. statrat

statrat Member

Dammit! Beat me to the Naked Gun reference!

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I thought that's what the thread would be about when I clicked on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted