1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think Newspapers are cheap?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Mar 28, 2007.

1. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I've bought plenty of stuff online (including 3 of the 4 computers in my house) but among other things:
    1) I dont see the need to wait 5-6 days for Civilization V.
    2) If my new HDTV is damaged when it gets home, I don't want the hassle of having to mail it back. (Yes I realize you can buy from online merchants and return to store....if you use major chains. But you also don't always save as much)
    3) I like tocompare things like TVs to know exactly how it fits in my house, how the quality is, etc...
    4) I'd prefer to have somebody actually deliver and install my new fridge (same thing, I know some online companies will arrange installation, etc...)

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And some people don't like putting their credit (or debit) card information online, even with online security precautions.

And before you say that's stupid, there have been people on this site that have said that they don't put their cards online.

3. boots

boots New Member

I'm more concerned with other companies following the actions of Ciricuit City.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Dr. J and I were talking about this today.

What a bunch of assholes. I guess verizon is offering some plan where you get CC gift cards when you renew your contract.

I think I'll throw mine away.

Draft saved Draft deleted