1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things to remember if you're going to Wrigley Field

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

I never used to drive to Wrigley. Then, when my buddies and I graduated from college, a group of them predictably moved into Wrigleyville. Their first apartment was in a townhouse whose address was literally Waveland and Sheffield.
    They've since moved to a place that's literally about 100 feet past the left-field foul pole, but either way any time I go to Wrigley now I drive because they have room to park behind their place, which ends up being about a 30-foot walk to the bleacher gates. It's a great luxury.
    In each of the last two years, I've also done the Red Line thing. The first time was great. Coming in from the north was quick and easy and going out, though crowded, was much the same.
    But in April, we did the Red Line thing again and I could have walked faster. We spent untolds amount of time stopped and when we did move, it was at a whopping 5 mph. The outbound trip was better, but not by much.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Wow. That's like living next to a cemetery.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It is the best neighborhood/ballpark combo, by miles. Fenway surroundings are Watts, by comparison.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

What's the scoop on Ronnie Woo-Woo these days?

Draft saved Draft deleted