1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things to remember if you're going to Wrigley Field

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can't imagine ever driving there. The L seems perfect for getting there.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

... that it's a location for a sporting event. Not a fashion show. Not a frat party. Not a hookup meat market. Not a beer drinking contest. A sporting event.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

YOU LIE! :D

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

PUSSY_EATEN. :mad:

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Fine. See if I ever watch a game at Wrigley with you.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you are from out of town - be sure to let the Cubs fans know all of the amenities their stadium lacks, like dot racing, chinese food, garlic fries, a swimming pool or a mascot that slides into a mug of beer. They'll really like that.

7. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

As a public service to non-Chicagoans and Chicago suburbanites who may not know, I will tell you the Red Line - which runs near Wrigley Field - can be very crowded, and it's also much, much slower these days because of construction on a couple stations to the south (Fullerton and Belmont). The No. 22 bus will also take you right to Wrigley from downtown if you catch it along Dearborn (if you're heading north). If you're coming from O'Hare, I'd take the Blue Line toward the Loop, get off at the Addison stop, cross the street and take the 152 bus over. That's about a 30-minute ride, however, but I believe there are some express buses. For now, bus fare is $2 - same as the El. The driver won't give you change if you put in a $5 just so you know. There are also cabs obviously if you want to spend a little extra.
    I will echo the earlier comments. Unless you have no other choice, don't drive to Wrigley and try - more like hope and pray - to find a parking spot. There are plenty of other ways to get to Wrigley.
    If you go, I promise you'll see so many people show up in the third and fourth innings because they tried to find a parking spot somewhere. Either that or they were over at Murphy's, Moran's or Hi-Tops getting well lubricated.

8. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

They do have good hot dogs if you go to the right place. The best hot dog stand in there is along the third-base side. You'll notice that it has all everything you need to make a Chicago hot dog, including a thing of celery salt. (Along with mustard - no ketchup :) - relish, tomatoes, sport peppers).
    Get 'em with the grilled onions.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You can park on the street, should you insist on driving . . . if you get there early enough, and don't mind walking 6-8 blocks . . .

10. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

True but it gets tricky with what is a permit parking area and what isn't a permit parking area, etc.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

New rule to add:

6. Bring your riot gear. Chances are you'll either get into it with an intoxicated fan or you'll need it in case Derrek Lee, Carlos Zambrano or Michael Barrett decide to take the on-field fisticuffs into the stands. :)

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fish: All true. Being able to read street signage is fundamental.

Draft saved Draft deleted