1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things to do in Orlando

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 31, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Went there three years ago and did the mouse ears.

Universal is OK, but nothing to drop huge money on.

Honestly, Disney is not that cool as an adult unless you are a big fan of the mouse ears or if you have kids.

Basically, I am pushing you away from what I saw.

Oh, Bubba Gump is horribly overrated. Emeral's could be intersting. There is a huge Hard Rock and a huge NASCAR place outside of Universal if that is your thing.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

OBT!!
    You want a good time? Go down the Orange Blossom Trail.
    P.S. Don't forget your rain coat. Does tend to rain in Orlando.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is that a euphemism, Droop?

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Obviously, you have never been to Orlando. OBT is short for Orange Blossom Trail. Lots of bars, some strip bars, might see anything along that route. Some of what you see can get you a night or two in the Orange County Jail.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So is that a yes?

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Also formerly the home of the Kissimmee Astros.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

There's a decent sports bar on South OBT with good beer specials; always packed with black and gold when the Steelers are playing on Sunday afternoons, and the chicken nachos . . . bring a friend to help you get that monster. Other than that, you make sure your car doors are locked if you find yourself in that section of town.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Don't know where you are going with this copacetic.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The raincoat comment.

10. tool_shed32

tool_shed32 Member

I was there in April and aside from the obvious choices . . . my wife and I saw the Blue Man Group live show at Universal. A must-see . . .

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

On OBT, you definitely need a rain coat.
    However, the weather changes so drastically, you need a "real" rain coat or poncho to remain dry.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Actually, they were called the Osceola Astros (then they became known as the Kissimmee Cobras in a short-lived debacle before folding) -- and the big-league 'Stros still train at Osceola County Stadium, which was renovated in 2003.

I spent many, many spring afternoons there as a kid. Great memories.

Draft saved Draft deleted