1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things to do in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Yeah.. That's totally what I said.

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I live in the region.

On the Chili debate, I don't like either of them. If they like Chili, have them go to Blue Ash Chili. Other good suggestions... I second Greater's if they want/like ice cream. It rocks. Also, if they like pizza, LaRosa's is a local favorite. And my personal favorite for pizza. There are a ton of them in Cinci.

Newport on the Levee (across town in Kentucky) has shopping, eating, and the Aquarium which was already mentioned. In between GABP and Paul Brown Stadium, there is Underground Railroad Museum and a new area of restaurants that has sprang up in the last couple of years.

I also like Cincinnati Museum Center, they always have something interesting.

For shopping, I'm sure they'd like the outlet mall north of town. It's a little bit of a drive up to Mason, right off on I-75.

3. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Kaze is pretty good and is downtown. Bakersfield was mentioned on the first page and is solid, and the owners of that one just opened another spot called The Eagle OTR that's supposed to be good. A Tavola is a brick-oven, woodfired pizza joint downtown that's good as well.

Margarita's in Reading, right in the middle of the bridal district, has probably the best authentic Mexican food in town. It's completely separate from a chain also called Margarita's.

4. And you just fucked me. ;)

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I love Skyline Chili!

That being said, I understand why a lot of people who aren't local don't like it, and I think part of it is the word "chili." They are expecting something else.

It's really not chili. It's a sauce.

If you go in without the preconceived notion of what "chili" should be, you may have a different attitude about it.

Also, aside from Skyline, I hate Cincinnati.

Draft saved Draft deleted