1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that make you feel old

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's not how the process starts but how it finishes that is important to the outcome.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is Juan Valdez still a thing?

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Stop making me feel old!

Spartan Squad and dixiehack like this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You know what's funny? I asked because I was going to reply that the mere fact you referred to Juan Valdez should make you feel old. But then I realized I'm not plugged in enough to today's pop culture/advertising to know whether Juan Valdez is still a recognizable character these days -- which made me feel old.

HC likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I watched the first four episodes "Friends from College" and Key will be the reason I stop. He is almost worse than Shelton in terms of being annoying and irritating.

6. I quit after two episodes.
    Ugh.

ChrisLong likes this.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

A colleague wrote an article about a yak and I was going to send him a link to "Yakety Sax," then I realized he's 23 and probably has no idea about Benny Hill.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Cobie Smulders is worth the price of admission. But I hate it when she smokes. The other two women -- I have no idea who they are -- don't bring anything.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Fernando Valenzuela and his granddaughter. He's six months younger than me

[​IMG]

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I realized recently that if I die at the same age the average man in my family does, I only have like 20-25 years left.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Some of us remember it from before Benny Hill and associate it with Boots Randolph. Just sayin'.

HC likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

When gag gifts cease being funny and instead become quite useful. #nosehairtrimmer

Draft saved Draft deleted