1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Is it a thing libertarians use pictures of themselves in a tuxedo for their Facebook profile photos?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Living on Eastern time. God I forgot how hard this sucks.

Batman likes this.
  3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

At one wedding a couple of years ago, there was an open bar with cold beer available. I saw one of the groomsmen go up and get a Shiner, so I did the same. Bartender said Shiner was for the wedding party only, but he had Budweiser and Coors Light for the rest of us.

I declined.

4. Flip Wilson

We go to church with a lady who, in group situations where you have to introduce yourself, always throws in the "single mom" fact. She's never been married and chose to adopt a kid.

5. Flip Wilson

People who never let us forget about their position at work.

Another person at church, every conversation somehow comes back to the fact that she's a dentist. Every. Single. Conversation....whether it has anything to do with dental issues (and those conversations only happen with my dentist, which she is not) or work-related things. "As a dentist..."

Just shut up.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wow, that is some BS.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Quite some time ago, a buddy of mine was dating a dentist.
    He asked me to go with him to a barbecue/party at her house. I didn't want to, but he told me there would be free beer and that I didn't have to keep up any semblance of acceptable behavior, so I caved.

We get over there, and it's her family. There are no non-family members there except my friend and I.
    The people are very strange, they have lyric sheets for sing-a-long. A full-on hootenanny.
    The mother and father keep referring to the daughter being a dentist as if she's recently cured cancer.
    Two brothers - both present with wife and kids - appeared to be doing well. I think one was a lawyer and the other was a high school principal.
    But nothing could compare to this dentist daughter.
    It was a weird scene.

Other than that, they seemed like nice enough people. She certainly deserved better than my friend, and the relationship did not last very long.
    She certainly didn't deserve someone like me crashing her family cook-out to nail 16 beers in 90 minutes and start raiding her cabinets looking for booze.

Dog8Cats and Vombatus like this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Was the dentist the person who only offered Shiner Bock to the wedding party?

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.. anti-dentites in our midst.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Dentists are people who wanted to be doctors, but their drug addiction kept them out of med school.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Joe Buck.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted