1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned this Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 26, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Perhaps, but of all the major Pro or College sports, the NBA ranks behind college softball to me...

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I love college softball. Games are over in about an hour and a half.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Kneejerk anti-NBA sentiment? Nothing kneejerk about my dislike of that league. It's been festering for a while.

What'd I learn? As generous as I was about giving my ex-wife a place to stay (and see our son) for a couple of days, there's only so much about her I can take. Then I get to thinking that the divorce was actually a great idea and can we get divorced again, if it means you'll leave?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Season's too long. Far too many mail-ins. And how shall I put this . . . they can't pay me enough to sit and watch a game involving one of the league's multitude of craptastic teams for 2+ hours.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

About the only thing I can do competently before 8 a.m. is fuck and drink coffee. Any other activity, I don't like my chances.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

BYH, you are correct sir.  It was the Blue-Gray game, and then the Aloha Bowl. 

The NBA as ABC's "big ticket item"?  Surely, they must be kidding themselves. 

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I, for one, miss the Blue-Gray. Dodging traffic cops and Christmas bullets near Crampton Bowl was sort-of a tradition for my family.

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

That I love being an Aunt.....because my 1 1/2 year old niece is teething so she was awake and crying every hour on the hour between 2 AM and 5 AM on Christmas morning. No way am I cut out to be a parent at my old age.

Oh and I also learned that the 3rd installment of Pirates of the Carribean SUCKS and is nearly 3 hours long.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I learnt that Bill Walton has ridiculously long legs thanks to ABC's pregame and halftime shows.

I know I should know this from the fact that he is 7 feet tall, but to see those two timbers shaking about under the table really hammered it home to me.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Way to make me feel bad for grumbling and wondering who would attend that game. :D

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Wife is preggers with our first, and I am geeked for every Christmas from here on out.

Christmas Eve service is pretty cool.

Elf is an awesome movie, and Zooey can flat out sing.

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I learned that it takes the perfect, most awesome, ass-kicking and unexpected present imaginable, and not the deaths of her sister and brother, nor the birth of her nephew, to finally see tears out of my sister. What a great day it was!

Draft saved Draft deleted