1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things go from bad to worse for Notre Dame - RB Walker leaving early

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by scribebaseball, Jan 11, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So, they lost their one fast guy.

They'll still win 9 games and get skullfucked the three times they play a legitimate opponent (Southern Cal, Michigan, bowl game).

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The Irish are never going to have a dirth of talent at the offensive skilled positions. That defense is their real problem. Walker's a good player, but I dare say he won't be missed. My first thought, too, was that Weis may be next to go.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Why would a coach leave simply because a running back declares early?

4. He wouldn't. But a running back might declare early because a coach is leaving.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

And where, exactly, would Weis be going, Scribe?

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Tears, tears for old Notre Dame
    Muffle the echos
    Stand in the rain
    Walker thinks he'll get paid high
    Now that he's history

7. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Walker should be a good pro, but running back depth isn't ND's problem. They have the Aldridge kid, who I saw play in high school several times. He'll fill in nicely. Their defense is terribly slow and just generally bad, as OSU and LSU have exploited in the last two bowl seasons.

As for Weis, would anyone be surprised if he bolted? I think he sees himself as an NFL coach down the road anyway. This always smelled like a five-year pit stop to me.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Except for one thing, MC ... I don't see the NFL teams lining up a Charlie's door right now.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Maybe with the Irish rebuilding, the BCS won't have to waste a spot on a team that gets bowl victories about as often as Bud Bundy scores. Of course, Notre Dame will be tested by a game against Duke.

10. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I'd think his name still carries some weight (pun not intended) in the NFL. But you're right, some of his luster is gone.

11. On to obscurity
    From Notre Dame.

Draft saved Draft deleted