1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things an ex ruined for you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, May 9, 2017.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is my idea of hell. Actual hell.

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Breaking up is one of the most, possibly the most, important parts of the relationship.
    I don't understand why people don't put more effort into being good at it.
    I remain on amicable terms with all ex-GFs.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Snapchat girl is the only one for me that didn't end on amicable terms. I don't wish her ill will, but I'd rather never see her face again.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Broadway plays.
    Sangria.
    Boardgames (with stakes modesty forbids me to elaborate upon).

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Effort? I put my house and life savings into it!

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That's gold, Buck. Gold.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I sit across from a girl who's 26 and she is on Snapchat all day. Literally can't walk to the kitchen to get a coffee or to the women's room without carrying her phone and doing whatever. I honestly feel bad for her, she is over-stimulated. She must check her phone upwards of 150 times a day.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I had the same hell. She expected me to call her at least 10 times a day, if for no other reason than to 1) check in yet again, and 2) tell her how much I love her. And she reminded me nightly if I wasn't doing that enough.

She was utterly gorgeous. And I ran like hell. ... I felt so extra-free then.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

My ex-wife's addiction to her phone, selfies, and social media is one of the principal reasons we broke up. I'm pretty sure I'd still be married if it weren't for Steve Jobs.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The 34 years we were married!?!?

That's a JOKE, a JOKE - so the person (or persons) here reading what I write back to her (yeah, that's been a thing a time or two) needs to make that perfectly clear.

The honest answer? Nothing. We had a long run together, some of it great, most of it really good and then it was over. She's doing her thing and seems happy. I'm doing my thing and I'm happy. We have a fine relationship now, though that's mostly because we have limited contact. We're about to have a shared grandchild and we're pretty excited about that. Communication so we don't buy the same gifts, etc.

The things we used to enjoy? I still enjoy. The things I didn't really enjoy I don't have to deal with anymore. It all worked out pretty darn well.

My next wife will likely ruin the nice little sanctuary I've built for myself.

playthrough and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Had to unfollow a much younger former co-worker when my Instagram feed kept getting littered with endless selfies of her and her friends (all with the stupid duck lip thing) or pics of her working out, drinking, eating or on vacation. I thought, "Doesn't she work????"

Draft saved Draft deleted