1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thieves enter locker room during all-star football game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2009/07/16/sports/sports03.txt

About a decade ago, one of our stringers covered a night football game at that stadium (actually, the old stadium at that location. It has since been rebuilt). After the game, he saw a guy heading toward him and he started running. The guy yelled "Don't run. I'm not going to hurt you. I might kill you, but I won't hurt you."

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Something real similar happened at my younger cousins' school last month in Mississauga, a Toronto suburb. Kids were stealing from football players' lockers, apparently the players caught them, and three students ended up in the hospital with stab wounds. As was a teacher who tried to break up the fight.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Which three students - the thieves or the players, or one or two from each group? Just curious.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We've had plenty of similar incidents over the years, minus the stabbings. It usually happens to baseball players. They'll park their cars at the field and get on the bus for an out of town game. While they're away, a bunch of thugs comes along and breaks into their cars.
    Not sure what kind of vigilante justice is administered, but it always pisses people off.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't know.

Draft saved Draft deleted