1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They went to jail ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, May 14, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As George would say, "Details. I want details and I want them NOW".

Why didn't you just not like it, but HATE it?

Curious, that's all

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why hate? Sure, they're stereotypical New Yorkers, self-involved and often callous. But they almost get their comeuppance, that's where the comedy is.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I humbly disagree. Every week, the foursome conspired to hurt others or each other. And every week it blew up in their faces.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE YEARS WHEN I'VE BEEN THE LONE ANTI-SEINFELD VOICE ON THIS BOARD??!??!??!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At the Bull and Finch...

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Exceedingly well played, sir.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I had been camping and hiking in the Southwest for a week and I got a hotel room in Moab, Utah, so I could watch the finale -- and I desperately needed a shower. I was disappointed in the episode then, but I don't mind it now.

Seinfeld will likely be among my favorite all-time shows for many, many years. I'm not a stereotypical New Yorker, but that show perfectly fit my sense of humor.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like Seinfeld. I watched it near the end of the series when it was new, and I've seen every episode at least five times. I own all the DVDs and still watch it when it's on television. I used to try to be home at 5 p.m. when work would allow it. My friends and I exchange lines from the show just about every day.

I think it was an original show, one that'll never be duplicated. With all the shows that see the light of day now -- 10 years later -- it's still one of the few that don't have a mimic.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Except for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which takes it 10 steps further and is 100 times funnier.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're going to hell.

11. Smug, supercilious assholes.
    (I developed a real dislike for Seinfeld when he'd always come on during discussions of comics like Kinison and Hicks et. al. to be the "I Don't Work Blue" guy. Fuck him.)
    Too much cripple humor.
    Too much laughter at people Not Like Us.

EDITOR'S NOTE - Only tourists go to the B&F.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Seinfeld sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted