1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They should probably just hire Costanza...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarlSpackler, Jul 27, 2009.

1. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

The story about now-ousted Mets player personnel guy Tony Berzanard keeps getting better. Omar Minaya is apparently implying that NY Daily News beat guy Adam Rubin wrote the initial stories about Berzanard's Hulk-smash clubhouse outburst in Binghampton so he could get Berzanard's job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4359215

So... how does he cover the team now? Has anyone here ever had anything even remotely as strange happen to them on a beat?

2. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Such a strange, strange situation. Interesting to see what happens to Rubin. Also, Rubin said he had never asked Minaya "directly" for a job, so does that mean he did so indirectly?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Steve Garvey is calling you to baseball thread, part 6

4. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

My bad... somehow I did not put Steve Garvey, illegitimate children and the Mets continuing circus together as one cohesive thought ;)

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Obviously, you need to hang around here a little more often to understand everything

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Should this be moved to the journalism topics board? No explicit denial, but even if he wanted a job in baseball, getting rid of Berzanard would not put him in a VP post.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Peeve of mine:

No, he implied it. He did not infer it. Totally different meaning.

Draft saved Draft deleted