1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They say that breaking up is hard to do.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 7, 2007.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I was seeing this girl who I dated during my freshman year of college. We reconnected through MySpace and started hanging out again in June '06. She screwed me over royally when we were younger so I wanted to take it slow and when I say slow I mean Sid Bream slow.

By late August you could say we were "dating," but that's where it stayed. I knew she wanted to have the "talk," but I wasn't going to start it and she never did. For Xmas I got her a couple things from her favorite store and she got me a card that said we'd go to NYC on her in the near future, which we never did because I knew that the talk would def. happen in the Big Apple. We spent New Years together, I got hammered and she was pissed because I was too drunk to plow her.

Later this past January I accompanied a friend of mine who was moving to Florida. He drove down and I was going to fly back. The girl volunteered to pick me up the airport, but the day before I flew in she was bitching about it and wanted me to find someone else. I didn't and she had to pick me up. I was beat-ass tired and just wanted to go home and sleep. She wanted some dick, but I rebuffed her, choosing instead to read my mail. I could tell she was pissed, but I just wanted her to leave.

A few weeks later we were going to go to a concert with a few of her friends on a Sunday night. We were going to meet at the venue, but hadn't decided on an exact point or time. The night before I go out with a buddy and don't get home until 5 a.m., when I promptly went to sleep and put my cell on silent. I wake up at 2 and see I have two missed calls, both from her, but no voicemails. I call her back and she doesn't answer so I leave a message that I'm up and to give me a call so we can figure out what's going on. Two hours later I still haven't heard from her so I call again and leave the same message. An hour later still no call so I call her and leave same message. Then I go to dinner with some friends, during which I call her three more times, leaving two less pleasant messages and no message the third time. By now I know I'm not going to see any concert that night so I go home and chill.

The next day I get an e-mail from her saying she got the feeling I was blowing her off. WTF? I called six times, leaving five voicemails. So I write back saying something like, 'Blowing you off? Are you serious? You called and didn't leave a voicemail and I called and left five!' I get a return e-mail saying, 'I wasn't going to wait around for you to call me and frankly I don't even care anymore.' I return saying, 'Wait around? Who the fuck waits around for someone's call in the cell phone age? And as far as not caring anymore I couldn't agree with you more!'

Never heard from her again and never had the "talk."

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Sticking it to me was the past four years or so where once every few weeks, he sends me a message asking how I am.

I love that I can now say, "I'm happily married. What's life being a male slut like?" He usually does not respond to that and I don't have to deal with the conversation.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes. Please, in honor of all that is holy, no details.

Draft saved Draft deleted