1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They Revised The Layout At Poynter . . .

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ben_Hecht, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . making you scroll down to punch into Romenesko.

News flash, kids: Romenesko is the only reason people even glance at the remaining PC tripe.

Rant over.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Ben, you're cool with me, but I've always just had Romenesko bookmarked directly anyway, so no big deal.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Paging DyePack.

DyePack, please pick up the yellow courtesy phone.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

all they care about is design! that's why nobdoy's reading the internet anymore! designers killed my mother! the internet is dead! dead! DEAD!

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Hey, you know what else I wonder? I wonder if this is a one-off for Sept. 11 stuff.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

i'm with SF.

I wouldn't know if Poynter had hot naked milfs on their home page because I have Romenesko bookmarked.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

If that happened, I'd know. Don't ask me how. I'd just know.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Since we bring up Poynter:

I see Al is back at it with his news "tips" that aren't really tips for covering the 5th anniversary of 9-11. I'm glad he compiled a list of things anyone with a clue in a newsroom should already have.

And I was scanning through the Romenesko letters and saw one written by Roy Peter Clark (aka D-Bag). Why is Roy writing to Romenesko when he already has a pulpit at Poynter?

Plus, he has a grammatical error in one sentence, when he starts with "Not only" and doesn't link with "but ... also." It's nitpicky, but for a guy who claims to be some sort of writing deity, it's a definite mistake. I'm sure the d-bag would play it off with some spin about how no one notices, etc., but if you're going to sell books about writing rules, then you probably should know the rules.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Layout back to normal, now . . .

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

Ah, but if you make the rules, you know when it's OK to break them.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Thanks for checking in, Roy.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Oops! Forgot to use the sarcasm font. Sorry.

By the way, I can never remember ... was Roy Clark a-pickin' or was he a-grinnin'?

Draft saved Draft deleted