1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They Might Be Giants ALERT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

On tonight with Jimmy Fallon. And your appetizer? Lewis Black.

Enjoy.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have never been so happy to be able to set my DVR remotely. :)

Love you, Killick!

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the double heads-up

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I loved TMBG in college, but they made quite the comeback with the kiddie shows. They do the opening and the closing songs for The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and they have at least two kiddie CDs out.

5. baskethead

baskethead Member

Now I've got, "They Might Be Giants, Here Come Your A,B,C's!" stuck in my head. It is a great video, though, way better than that bastard Thomas, hate that train soooo much.

6. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, the song is catchy, the show (Thomas) is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Who would win a fight between 10,000 Maniacs and They Might Be Giants - would it depend on whether or not they WERE in fact Giants?

I bashed Fallon as much as anyone early on, and his attempts at comedy are the weakest part of the show, but between The Roots and his guests he makes up for it. Loved the "Yacht Rock" appearance of Christopher Cross with Michael McDonald. "Such a long waaaaay toooo gooooo"

8. Mizzougrad96

It's getting lost in the trainwreck that NBC has become, but Fallon has done a very solid job.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

True that. Seems that NBC just moved their late night shows up a time slot and the ratings haven't been much different. Leno was getting 4 mil at 11:35, he's getting 4 mil at 10 p.m. Conan was getting 2 mill at 12:30 p.m. , now he's getting 2 mil at 11:35.

10. Mizzougrad96

I heard somewhere that Letterman's Monday show beat everything in NBC's Monday night lineup. I know there's the interest factor in seeing what was going on with Letterman, but any time a 11:30 show beats prime time shows on another network, it can't be a good sign.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I still can't watch Fallon. Too awkward, and not in a good Conan awkward way.

I miss my TMBG. I still watch them, but I miss them singing real songs on TV shows instead of kids' songs. It's 12:15 or so...play something someone AWAKE wants to hear.

12. Mizzougrad96

Blue canary in the outlet by the lightswitch...

Draft saved Draft deleted