1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's drunk, then there's druuuuunnnnnnk

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Dang it!

Finally, a woman who might be drunk enough to go home with me at closing time, and they have to go and lock her up.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Did you see her picture?

It was for your own safety.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Well, hell. Apparently that was a blood test that they did. That's even more remarkable.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhHHHHHHH!

You're right!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't. Some of their catalog is fantastic.

As Dooley said, if he thinks along the lines of Syd Barrett, THEN be worried.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Thanks, I'll definitely be keeping that in mind. Both points. :)

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

"My grandpa drinks just as much as the other drunks....."

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Nine times?"

"Nine times."

9. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

BAC is not a percentage and the number depends upon the units used, often mg/deciliter.

There is a differentiation between intoxication, impairment and incapacitation.

The effects of alcohol, including impaired reaction times and altered judgment are dependent upon the amount of alcohol in the bloodstream. Many chronic alcoholics function with higher levels of alcohol because they have developed tolerance to the drug, but that sdoes not mean that they function normally. Interestingly, the chronic alcoholic may go into withdrawal with blood alcohol levels that would cuase a novice drinker to be unconscious.

Legal intoxication is a term that requires an activity to be associated with it. One cannot be legally intoxicated sitting at home having a drink. Drinking and driving is illegal with alcohol levels at 0.08 or higher, in some states using a CDL license to drive a commercial truck tops out at 0.04 and flying an airplane demands a much lower level. MOst people would want a surgeon to be at zero. Regardless of the number, one can be arrested and convicted of drunk driving at levels lower than 0.08, if impairment exists.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Mr. Rooney, I find it hard t believe that Ferris' blood alcohol level was nine times the legal limit.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I believe it's also supposed to be done at a medium pace.

Draft saved Draft deleted