1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's a rumor that Ryan Seacrest wil host the Fox Pre-game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Seeing how many of you writers are currently in the field, i'm disappointed by the lack of articles voicing their disgust on the encroaching change in sports journalism I've witnessed in recent months.

The A-Rod's wife thing was the final straw for me. Help me here...use your collective bodies and help stop this madness!!!!

Sports is (or was) the last bastion for me from pop culture news. Think about people like me....men who are only concerned about the final score.

Save us!!!

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Then you must really love the Beckham's Big Chee.

They are the poster people for the confluence of sports and pop culture.

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Ugh.....

4. Unfortunately, Big Chee, ESPN and its ilk no longer cares about the sports fan. It's all about the pop culture.

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I know. One thing I must say about this site that I found comforting when first joining. There's an extreme dislike for that network. I was foolish enough to believe everyone in here loved that station. I urge you some of the writers in here not to stand idoly by and watch them continue to flush the world of sports down the toilet and do something about it.

Think about the kids man!!!

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Don't forget he hosted a show on ESPN in 1993! :eek:

http://sportsoasis.blogspot.com/2007/08/feel-free-to-blame-espn-for-this-super.html (via Deadspin)

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's a non-rumor that Seacrest is hosting the Emmys:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/20/AR2007082001920.html

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

ESPYs are next. Or maybe the Tonys.

Draft saved Draft deleted