1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's a mouse in my apartment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

We have two, Grace and Hank, who came to the rescue when a mouse got into our place a few months ago. We knew something was amiss when Grace stared at the bottom of the fridge for hours on end.

We saw the mouse from time to time, but rarely.

One day, we came home from church and there was a dead mouse lying in the bedroom. One of the cats did their job, though we were never sure which one... though all signs point to Grace, as Hank is probably one of the clumsiest animals I've ever seen.

And Mike, I say this as a guy who grew up hating cats: They're better than you think. Hank is an absolute sweetheart and I would not give him away for anything.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

What about Grace, Huss? :D

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's not that I hate like cats; I just don't prefer them. ... "I'm more of a dog guy." I'm not a fan of how territorial and independent they are. My sisters cats used to disappear around the house for what seemed like weeks at a time. That bothered me.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

A few years ago a mouse appeared in our house. Our dog would corner it and we would catch it in a net and release it. However, the one time it came up on my mom (who hates mice, whereas my dad and I tolerated it) and she jumped back. The problem was she jumped back and fell down the stairs severely bruising her face and injuring her neck. She was in the hospital for a few days, by the time she got back the mouse was dead. I was cool with it, until it decided to injure a family member.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Grace and I don't see eye-to-eye, as you may have heard, IJAG. Maybe that's because she's more cat-like than Hank. We're convinced Hank is a dog dressed as a cat.

In case you're wondering, this is Grace (notice the photo is named Hellion); peer into the eyes of evil:
    [​IMG]

And this is Hank:
    [​IMG]

Deep apologies for the threadjack.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted