1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is a special place in hell reserved for Allstate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Bush shouldn't have drank his rum.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me at all. A few months ago my wife was T-boned at an intersection by a guy who ran a red light. The car was totaled and the wife went to the hospital in an ambulance. She had a severe concussion and wasn't herself for about a month, not to mention being to beat up to go to school.

The police report stated that the other driver ran a red light and their were a few witnesses that said the same thing. The driver originally said he ran a red light then later changed his story. AllState, his insurance company, refused to pay, saying that because my wife couldn't remember the crash how could they be sure she wasn't at fault.

They eventually settled about two minutes before our lawyer filed suit, but there are a lot of lawyers that won't take on a case like that because AllState is so ridiculous to deal with.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Damn, my best friend works for them. Has nothing to do with any of those cases mentioned. Who knew he worked for scumbags, he's always had good things to say.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I guess you could say New Orleans is NOT in good hands.
    That's so weak of the insurance companies. The good people of Louisiana and Mississippi have paid their premiums for years and this is what they get - a slap in the face. It's B.S.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

... and Dell. /rant

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

and State Farm, for fucking the people of Mississippi after Katrina

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

... and still today.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fucking vampires. I used to get so fed up with writing the check for my insurance premiums ($170/month with a $1,000 decutible after a couple speeding tickets) that I'd write "For Extortion" on the memo line. All insurance is, is legalized extortion.
    Worst part is, here in Mississippi, a lot of insurance companies have either already fucked over their customers by denying claims (the old wind vs. water damage argument) or are in the process of fucking over their customers by jacking up rates 25 to 30 percent -- on the basis that we're somehow more "at risk" of getting hit by a hurricane than we were two years ago.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you don't live in a tidal area, how can they get you with the water argument? (besides, Because)

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Most of the disputed claims in Mississippi were along the coast, which has a lot of bayous and backwaters and such. The homeowners claim the wind blew the water and caused the damage. Insurers say no, it was all water damage that isn't covered by homeowner policies.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Are there any insurance companies that don't do this? I've been getting raped for two years and that's just on my car insurance.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've always used AAA. Never had a problem.
    I tried using them for renter's insurance when I first moved here, but was turned down for missing their credit criteria by three points. It's improved, so when it comes around again (since I am not the legal owner of the home) I'll go back with AAA and try again.

Draft saved Draft deleted