1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are times I'm embarassed to live in the Burgh...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Nov 24, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not doubting that, but I will take a rabid city over a city where the fans are complacent at best towards football(Cincinnati or Arizona).

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Kinda like when Captain Kirk finally lost it with the trekkies:

Oh what I'd give to see a Lambert or Bradshaw go off like this at a Steeler fan convention.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can't imagine either guy doing that (Lambert doesn't really do public appearances and Bradshaw is far too concerned with his image to cut loose like that), but it would be entertaining. Maybe they could get Ernie Holmes to shoot at the fans' cars as they leave.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

The difference between a Pittsburgher who likes his home city despite a collection of whacked fanboys and one who is one of those whacked fanboys.

And you're right, 93, the city of Arizona is very complacent about football ::)

5. 93Devil

Steeler fan conventions are called home games.

6. 93Devil

Well if you are going to have a passionate fan base, you are going to have some on the far end of the extreme. Kind of like people who dress up as dogs or pigs.

I just accept it.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm confused, which one is the guy with the Jack Lambert Steeler jersey for his avatar?

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

If you love sports and drinking, Pittsburgh is an awesome town.

And as for that suggestion about Primanti's being served after a funeral? One of my best friends got married in Pittsburgh and after the reception, the wedding party and guests ended the night at Primanti's.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

My guess is the pallbearer in question was wearing <b>a</b> cap. Because he happened to be in Pittsburgh it was a Steelers cap. I think the garb was more a reflection of modern urban culture/style than it was a statement of support for the team.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted