1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are going to be mothereffing knives on your mothereffing plane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 7, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/travel/tsa-carry-on-changes/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Isn't this kinda how the whole thing started? Seems like a small knife would be just as effective a weapon as a boxcutter. Although I forsee some angry passenger stabbing another over a crying baby or putting a seat back as the probable end result.

Oh, and now you can bring a couple golf clubs and your lacrosse stick.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Also allowing up to two carry-on golf clubs. And lacrosse sticks.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'd be happy if they banned hackneyed references to Snakes on a Plane.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but boxcutters will no longer be effective anyway. I've said it before, anything short of a bomb or automatic weapon will no longer be enough for a terrorist to commandeer a plane.

Prior to 9/11, passengers of hijacked airplanes had an expectation of survival. To that point, hijackings usually resulted in ransom requests and such.

Now, with no reason to think the hijackers would do anything other than pilot a plane into a building, passengers will never stand idly by and let them take over the plane with something as small as a boxcutter.

Small knives, golf clubs and lacrosse sticks will never be enough anymore.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Knives aside, with all the other shit you people try to cram into an overhead bin, why the fuck are they golf clubs, lacrosse sticks and other shit that takes up more space into the cabin?

And the novelty bat exemption tells me that the Louisville Slugger Museum has a great lobbyist.

Draft saved Draft deleted