1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are a couple of benefits to living in California

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Not true JR.

When the mercury hits 90. Go nude! :eek: :eek:

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

But it's a dry heat ... :D

And seriously, it is. It gets to be 110 F out here in the summers. But it's not nearly as suffocating as the 85-degree/85-humidity summers in the Southeast (or Midwest, or Mid-Atlantic, or Northeast ::).) So I'll take the weather here any day over the weather just about anywhere else in this country, because it's gorgeous here about 10 months of the year.

3. Lick my taint, buckdub.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You weren't in Toronto with the rest of us last July, were you?

I don't mind the cool weather at all. One can always add a mock or sweatshirt along with a coat of some sort. All the cool weather is doing here is making me add a mock or occasional fleece lately. Then again, my friends told me my personal thermostat broke years ago.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

To be fair, I do like cold weather. I just hate the ice storms and slick roads and power outages and ignorant END-OF-THE-WORLD! panics that go with it in many places.

And if it means I have to give up the nice, cool, breezy autumns in order to skip those insufferable, suffocating Southern summers ... well, so be it. I've got the Santa Anas if I want a, ahem, breeze, and I've surely got enough sunshine here.

Ellis: It's 83 degrees at 12:32 p.m. today. Keep your taint to yourself. :D

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

So warm today that a guy in our building got on the elevator with a huge plastic container with two big ice bags and three 30-packs of beer to have a party on the roof.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Toronto in the summer is one of the best places I've ever been. Safe, fun, tons of stuff to do, super cosmopolitan. I've got to get back up there. :)

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Damn, I got so caught up with the Toronto thing I forgot why I wanted to post here.

The 'default' girl (or guy, if you're a girl or gay/bi guy) in California is so much hotter than the 'default' girl you see in the Northeast, it's almost incomparable. All the months of being covered up in heavy coats and sweaters really makes people lazy and soft, and it shows.

In Cali, it's just the opposite. Sun's always out, people are naturally more body conscious. Of course, this can get out of hand (steroids, plastic surgery, etc), but in general, it's so much more enjoyable than other, colder, rainier parts of the country for this reason.

9. The weather?? Dammit, I thought this thread was going to be about fake boobs! :mad:

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not true, Rok. Boys in the Northwest are much hotter. They have beards and they kill things with big guns . . . rowwwrrrr.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

What he said.

I was there with my son a week or so before SportsJournalists.comapalooza last summer. Absoultely love the city and its people. So much to do, so much to see.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

:) It's true, many of the guys on the west coast (and plenty on the east coast are probably a bit too metrosexual for many women. I could see the appeal of the 'hunter/gatherer,' old-school type to a woman.

Draft saved Draft deleted