1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are a couple of benefits to living in California

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Good point.
    What's your address?

:)

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

\

Um, Mr. Luthor, think you could throw the Northwest into that real estate plan?

3. oldhack

oldhack Member

It's amazing how people who have never been through one think they know about earthquakes because they have seen a movie or two. I have been through a Big One (No. 2 in the 20th century) and I'd do it again and again over hurricanes or tornadoes.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

All my stuff is here.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Lived minutes away from the San Andreas for about 21 months now. Been through four noticeable ones, and innumerable unnoticeable ones. Still waitin' for the Big One ... 8)

6. Garner

Garner Member

I'll gladly take the big one for this weather. It was 62 on my way home from work. My folks bak home? It was -34 in their neck of the woods the other night. And no, I don't miss shoveling snow at all. Especially when you have to get the scraper out and chip away at that stubborn layer of ice closest to the pavement. Ugggh.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, but it will probably be in the 20s soon or at least a horrible cold 40s rain.
    Here it was 63 today, but the wind was blowing 25 mph. It was still better than 30 as a high and foggy. We are supposed to hit 71 on Sunday.
    I love the South.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'll remember to ask you this again in july and and then again in august.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What's that sound? Oh yeah, the A/C is on here in my part of California!

10. EE94

EE94 Guest

You obviously aren't African-American

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

My high school rested comfortably on the San Andreas (not far from you, BW) and I pass the fault every day on my way home because I can see it on this rock formation I pass by.

I've been through every major SoCal quake of the last 35 years, from the '71 Sylmar through the '87 Whittier Narrows (which threw me out of bed) to the '92 Yucca Valley to the '94 Northridge. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'd endure any of those again and again before I'd deal with the hurricane du jour.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, you're gonna think I'm nuts but I like winter. I like the cold, I like the snow (except driving in it in the city) and couldn't imagine living in a place where it was always 65F or something.

And if you dress properly, you can do anything in cold weather--unless it's minus 30 or so.

When it gets to be 90F--you have to put up with it. There's no defense.

Draft saved Draft deleted