1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theoron Fleury: I was a victim of sexual abuse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Oct 9, 2009.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Yeah, you're right. I just remember being one of the dozens of people who interviewed Kennedy, and being struck by how alone he was, and how everyone knew Fleury was in the same situation. I hope all those guys find peace.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I doubt they'll ever find peace.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I wouldn't wish what they went through on my worst enemies. The only ones who can be faulted in this at any point is Graham James and the legal system who let him off easy. I couldn't judge Fleury harshly for not being ready to come to grips with it when Kennedy was. Even if it sucked for Kennedy being out there alone when he made it public.

Anyone know what ever happened to the ranch Kennedy was trying to put together? I don't think it ever came to fruition, or did it?

4. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I remember thinking 'what a broken man.' That was during his roller-blading excursion across Canada. He seemed jittery and unsure of everything, but I think he had another breakdown shortly after, yes?

5. KP

KP Active Member

Came up short.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/1999/06/14/sheldon990614.html

6. BUMP ...

Graham James has been pardoned - three years ago - and authorities have no idea where he is.
    Oh, they never bothered to tell anybody he had been pardoned.

Shitstorm developing ...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ex-coach-graham-james-pardoned-for-sex-abuse-that-rocked-nhl/article1522464/

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wow I didn't know that Roethlisberger coached youth hockey...... :D

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Was he a major Harper contributor?

9. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

The PM doesn't have the power of pardon in our system, FB.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe he's hiding out at the Vatican.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

No real accountability in Canada it seems like. At least in the states, most governors still have to sign off on a pardon, and a lot of them can only pardon people if it passes through a board first.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looks like just about anyone who wasn't convicted of murder, and stays out of trouble after completing their sentence, can get a pardon. Though, I suppose he could have been branded a "dangerous offender":

Draft saved Draft deleted