1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The yoga must be working for Simmons

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Clever username, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

This is some serious self-fellatio from the Sports Guy that is normally reserved for his mailbags. Look at me, look at me I write from a different perspective. I do things the Globe or Herald would never think to do. Read me, live me, love meeeeeeeeeeeeee. Christ, we get it.

Since so few of you claim to even look at ESPN.com anymore, here's the link:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061115

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Only way I would have seen it.

Five precious minutes I'll never get back.

I want to book this guy's action. What a loser.

3. statrat

statrat Member

I honestly think Simmons is trapped in an alternate universe where the only two places that exist are Boston, L.A and New York. I really could care less if Doc River's is fired as coach of the Celtics. Honestly, does anyone outside of Boston care if Doc River's is fired. Does anyone outside of Boston care about anything Simmons writes about?

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

"We watch the press conferences ..."

Hey, douchenozzle, who do you think asks the questions? Granted, I've never seen a Celtics/Patriots/Red Sox presser, but if they are anything like the pressers that I go to, the coach/players aren't offering up anything. You have to dig and ask pointed questions to get good responses.
    It seems like he wants to say being on press row doesn't mean you are working. When, in fact, we are working to get him all that information he digests. Fucktard.
    Oh, and I am extremely tired of every column being about Boston and using the term "we."

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I'm with you statrat, but just couldn't pass it up.

6. statrat

statrat Member

Oops. Yeah, I originally had just Boston and L.A before adding New York. Nonetheless, I will not let factual errors ruin my message: Simmons drives me nuts!

7. Floyd

Floyd Member

I occasionally enjoy a few things Simmons writes, but really, you just can't pass up an opportunity to call someone a fucktard.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I wholeheartedly concur.

You fucktard.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I like some of Simmons' stuff, but my GOD! That's gotta be 10,000 words. No one gives a fuck if one of your goofy named buddies thinks Doc Rivers sucks

10. Gee, pats on the head from an Internet dilettante still carrying a grduge from the days when he was an incompetent preps guy.. I'm sure Bob Ryan's fucking thrilled.
    (Oh, and Michael didn't have to "work up the courage" to kill McCluskey and Sollazzo, genius. He had it from the start, so much so that he startled Sonny and Tom Hagen, who tried to talk him out of it.)

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sideshow Bill, proprietor of the Child's Garden of Misinformation.

12. Bill Simmons lost a NFL games picking contest to a dog.

What else do you need to know? Can't understand why anyone takes him seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted