1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The World's Most Unfunny Comedian: You vote

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jul 27, 2012.

?

Who is the world's most unfunny comedian?

1. Carrot Top

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Carlos Mencia

10 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Jimmy Fallon

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Louis Anderson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kathy Griffin

10 vote(s)
    12.7%
  6. Sinbad

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Dane Cook

30 vote(s)
    38.0%
  8. Judy Tenuta

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. Whoopi Goldberg

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  10. Richard Lewis

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Other

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

If Dunham were to do an entire show with just Walter, I would love it. The other characters are just meh.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Achmed is hilarious.

I keeel you.

3. printit

printit Member

Kinnison had a great joke about how the world was playing a practical joke on Whoopi by pretending she was funny.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I will say this about Whoopi Goldberg. She had a guest role on an episode of Law & Order SVU I saw not too long ago that was WAY against type. She played a foster mom who was sending her "boys" out to do a series of bloody home invasions, and she was just as calm and bland about it that it was absolutely chilling. Pretty memorable performance.

5. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Whoopi has a friendly pan of a face that works to her advantage.
    Whether you think it's attractive or not is another thing.
    It is a very emotive face.
    Some of the stuff I've read is that she's pretty sassy and been difficult to work with on some movie sets.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are people discussing the possible merits of Judy Tenuta and Pauila Poundstone?
    Is it 1989? Is either of them even alive anymore?

7. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Paula Poundstone is a more-or-less weekly panelist on "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" on NPR. I find her very funny on that, although I don't know that I'd want to see her do stand-up for an hour.

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I guess I'm in the overwhelming minority, but I enjoyed Dane Cook's standup specials. Now, he's kind of a douche, but I laughed at his (or someone else's) jokes.

I voted for Carlos Mencia. Nothing about him is funny, at least to me.

If I could vote for someone outside of the list, I'd throw Margaret Cho out there. She tells the same jokes over and over, and they're not funny and were never funny.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

To answer this, I just tried to figure out what comedian my mother would like best. Currently? I'd go with Jeff Dunham. That's a Branson act that somehow got bigger.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've actually enjoyed Goldberg in many of the acting roles I've seen her in. I just don't think she's that good as a stand-up comic.

Believe it or not, I feel the same way about Dane Cook. I've found I don't mind him so much in the acting roles I've seen him in.

Actually, I don't really despise Cook as a stand-up. I just find him to be in the middle of the pack. It's just puzzles me how he's gained such a huge following in the past few years.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

12. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

[​IMG]
    http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/22/arts/hard-road-back-for-paula-poundstone-comic-tries-save-her-career-after-arrest.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Draft saved Draft deleted