1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The World's Best-Designed Newspapers?

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by jgmacg, Feb 22, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

2. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I can only dream about being given that much license with my pages. I don't know that those are actually the "world's best," but I am jealous of how much freedom those guys have.

3. m2spts

m2spts Member

best designs?
    You are kidding, of course.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah, I was about to say. They look clean and probably get the job done, but I'm not seeing world's best in any of them. Since when the hell is a 3-column horizontal "eye-catching visuals" as a review of one of the papers had it. Maybe it's how they look in relation to their peers and competitors, but top percentile on Earth? Not through these baby blues (they're hazel, but shoot, "not through these hazels" doesn't sound half as good).

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I particularly like the part that says there were 351 entries. I don't think their sample size was quite big enough to crown any of them as the best in the world.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I thought the idea of turning boring, handout pictures into graphic, cartoon-style art was f***ing brilliant.
    It reminded me of Waking Life and I think doing it that way just takes a couple of clicks in photoshop.

Draft saved Draft deleted