1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The World Wide Leader

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chris17, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Chris17

Chris17 Member

So apparently ESPN just inked a new deal with the NCAA to carry all their non-important championships through the year 2024. That's along freakin time.

Not really sure if any of you will care about this story, but there is one thing I noticed. Scroll down to the official statement from ESPN. Read the first paragraph in italics, and tell me that doesn't take the phrase "World Wide Leader" and shove it up your ass.

The only thing it's missing is the phrase, "and whatever the f*** else we come up with in the next 13 years"......

http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-articles/december/espn-will-be-home-to-ncaa-championships-till-2024.html

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

to carry all their non-important championships...

Well-done!

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In what way is conference realignment like Russian roulette?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Coverage of actual sports > talking heads yelling at each other.

Give me NCAA fencing or water polo over PTI or Around the Horn, thanks.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am so down with that.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The day after the MNF game between Seattle and St. Louis, they were breaking down the fact that Sam Bradford wore white socks with the all-while uniform, and the anchor asked Herm Edwards (no word of a lie): "How will this affect him, perception-wise?"

Yowza.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm sure women's water polo scores will take their rightful place in the crawl alongside European soccer ...

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Also count me down for being with this. Recently, they were showing beach soccer, and that was great fun to watch. Give me the novelty sports over the re-broadcast of the 44-7 football game from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m., or for most of the ESPN2 schedule.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I didn't see the Ocho on that list.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

If I ever get my hands on the asshole who came up with "the crawl" -- dead man. I couldn't hate anything more than I hate that abortion.

11. dooley_womack1

Pepper Brooks needs work!

12. dooley_womack1

Blame CNN, post-9/11.

Draft saved Draft deleted