1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The world needed another "Why I Quit My Job" piece by a millennial, so without further ado ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 4, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Stewart, Colbert, Kimmel, Simmons...

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm so confused that I was asked to take a math test in the middle of this thread.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I posted on the wrong thread. There was a challenge elsewhere to name posters who were either smarter or better writers than Charles Pierce. Your (board) name came up.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Stop stalling and take the math test!

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Careful. If you pass, it proves you're not a real journalist.

franticscribe, doctorquant and Brian like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

See how easy it is to bring @Double Down back.

Next, I'm going to challenge Jones to a geography quiz.

Big Circus likes this.
  7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Sad to say, you could have written this as some sad nostalgic piece for the job market of the turn of the century.

Why, back in the slightly more golden years of 2000, it was young people who worked at dumpy, ill-paid jobs, not desperate, formerly middle-class adults. And they could walk out of that mind-numbingly boring receptionist job - instead of clinging to it for dear life - knowing that a completely undemanding day shift at a gift shop was right around the corner! And only fifteen years later, they'd get a modest book deal out of it!....

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Kill the fox. Problems solved.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You might be jealous.

And I think a lot of people your age have a right to be jealous. Millennials are not weighed down by the bullshit ethos of the American Baby Boomer. They have very little sense of propriety or tact or how their narcissism comes off. You belong to a generation that has gladly waited its turn to feed at the same trough that Boomers have no interest in giving up, and will give up only by cold-dead-hands force, and you and many in your generation will have spent many a year trying to please a group that couldn't give a fuck about you and do not now. Boomers, instead, are fascinated by millennials.

Draft saved Draft deleted