1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The WNBA draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Two WNBA threads on the first page...I'm pretty sure that hell just froze over.

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I know there's no way I'm man enough to handle all that (tallest girl I've dated was 6-foot-1) ... but I'd sure as hell wouldn't mind tryin.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Uh, can we take this one out of the gutter please?
    No wonder people think we're worthless pervs. We go out of our way to prove it regularly.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Moddy, you may be talking about Tripp and not me, but I was only pointing out that the first photo of her you get is not a basketball shot, but a primping shot, and from the school's official site, no less ...

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Crystal Langhorne? To the Mystics?

YES!

6. Moderator1

I was talking about the post that said he "wouldn't mind tryin'" - didn't notice which poster said that.

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

No disrespect meant, Moddy, but I think finding Candace Parker attractive and expressing it is pretty harmless. Sure I may not be expressing it in the most romantic sense, but I don't think I was being overly crude in light of some of the other threads involving beautiful women or handsome men.
    And, I think it's a lot better than how most WNBA players are usually referred to.
    In all serious, Candace Parker is a beautiful young woman and I've always been attracted to the athletic type.

8. Moderator1

Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion about her attractiveness (and she is quite attractive).
    But you KNOW what I mean on this one!

You were not being overly crude. I just don't think this is a thread for that.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Cleaned up version of my deleted post.....

Not true at all. I hate drafts and frankly if I had to watch I'd be more likely to watch the women's draft because at least in this draft -- when these players get all dolled up -- they are very attractive and easy to look at.....and that includes some of the women tragicvally insulted by Imus.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, Shelden definitely hit the lottery.
    But anyways, I know its a long shot, but I hope Candace can bring some more attention to the league.
    Candace Parker=Magic, Lisa Leslie= Kareem?

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I doubt it, if Holdsclaw, Lobo and Taurasi couldn't do it ...

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hope a player I cover gets drafted. Unlikely though, but hopefully.

Draft saved Draft deleted