1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire Season 5, Episode 51 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Jan 6, 2008.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

...since this deserves a thread of its own.

I have nothing to add. Won't see it until 9 p.m. out here on the left coast. Time is dragging...

There's a certain sadness for me, knowing that this is the beginning of the end.

2. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Read Between The Lines....

3. Very nice episode. Wish we could have seen some Omar and I'd like to see what's up with Randy and Namond. I'm sure they'll get to everyone before all is said and done.

I feel bad for Dukie, but it's probably for the better for him. I didn't think the newspaper stuff was bad at all, actually. I know it could still get over the top, but a solid start to the season in my opinion.

4. I wonder what it's like to work at a real newspaper.

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Just watched the first episode. Thought it set up the rest of the season quite nicely.

6. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Seriously, though. Good episode.

MILD SPOILERS.

They have to either bring the band back together, or break it up at the start/end of each season. It was time to break it up. I thought it was awesome that Herc now works for Levy. And the scene with Chris Partlow asking Daniels, et al for directions in court. Looks like Marlo's readying for a run at Prop Joe, but what does he want with Boris?
    And I thought the newspaper scenes were pretty spot-on, if a touch romanticized. But it's a romantic profession, isn't it?

7. formulacola

formulacola Member

I figured Marlo was trying to set up his run at Prop Joe -- Try taking him down, but still getting the good dope, straight from the Greeks. But then my question is how does Sergei, in prison, get Marlo the direct connect?

Also, something I really liked was the Season 4 connection in the opening scene. The schools can't fix what's wrong and so we have Monel from Tighlman in homicide to open Season 5.

Draft saved Draft deleted