1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire (HBO) will be back for a 5th season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

HBO will anounce later today. Halellujah. The media campaigning really paid off.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/bal-to.hbo13sep13,0,745198.story?coll=bal-home-headlines

2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Hopefully we get a little more McNulty in season 5. It seems like he is going to be a pretty fringe character this season.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How freaking hilarious was he, collecting the binders by the door, though.

Viva la McNulty!

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Don't trust it. Deadwood was renewed for a fourth season before the third started airing, and look what happened.

5. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Deadwood didn't die because of HBO, it died because Milch wanted to do another show. The creators of The Wire are fully committed to the show. There were 2 shows on On Demand that went behind the scenes with the cast and crew, both were great. If you watch the show you should catch both of them, they give a lot of color and background, like Bubbles was a real person, and there was a real homicide detective named Bunk.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And Sgt. Jay Landsman is played by the real-life Jay Landsman.

7. that is not true. jay landsman is on the show. but he does not play himself. the real jay landsman played bunny colvin's white-hand man...the guy with glasses.

8. i can't believe the ratings didn't spike for the premiere.... this show has received a lot of buzz and critical acclaim. i was expecting a big jump... it can remain our little secret as long as i can buy it on dvd and record it...

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I wonder how ratings are affected by the pre-releases.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, you're right. Temporary brain cramp. I think a few other Baltimore detectives in Simon's book, "Homicide," have landed bit parts on the show. I'm pretty sure Ray Cole (the cop who died, and was laid out on the bar last season) was a real cop (though under a different name, obviously).

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ray Cole was Bob Colesberry, not a real cop, but a producer on the show and one of Simon's close friends. And he really did die. Ed Norris, the bald homicide detective who is now Bunk's partner, was a real cop (the Baltimore Police Commissoner, in fact) but he was ousted for corruption, among other things.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Damn, serves me right for not researching this. I honestly thought I saw a name or two pop up from Simon's book. Oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted