1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 60 "-30-"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 4, 2008.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Re: The Wire: Episode 60 "-30-" (NO SPOILERS IN STARTUP POST)

I believe in a week or so.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/85-the-wire/

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't do it. Start at Season One, Episode One. Take your time--big time investment here. But best investment you will ever make. And you'll get hooked. It's impossible to follow if you pick it up in the middle, and even if you can figure some stuff out, you will miss so much of what made the series great without every bit of background to draw from--you need to have followed the characters throughout to have the right context for the things that happen in Season Five. It wasn't a typical TV series. It was more like a ridiculously long Dickens novel. Imagine picking up that book and opening it to page 800 of 1000.

4. Re: The Wire: Episode 60 "-30-" (NO SPOILERS IN STARTUP POST)

So can we spoil yet?

I have many complaints.

5. Re: The Wire: Episode 60 "-30-" (NO SPOILERS IN STARTUP POST)

I think spoiling would be fine, but we probably need to get the thread title changed to allow for it.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Wow!
    Great stuff.
    I feel bad I didn't watch it until this season but even knowing how everything ends, I think I can watch seasons 1-4 and enjoy them.
    -30-

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Kudos to everyone involved in that show -- far and away the best thing that's ever been on television.

-30-

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There is no way... no way... that Templeton gets that award with his editors.... Is there?

9. Re: The Wire: Episode 60 "-30-" (NO SPOILERS IN STARTUP POST)

The real life e.e. had two pulitzers. And they nominated Templeton's real life counterpart for a Pulitzer for his own alleged charade of a story, but it didn't win ...

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Are we to assume that in the real-life cases that respected, hardened people such as the Gus character had the guy dead to rights as he did in the show?

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

In the real-life cases, the Sun had to publish corrections that basically said, "What we said happened, didn't actually happen."

12. The real life Gus wrote a TV show called The Wire

Draft saved Draft deleted