1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire: Episode 48

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MCEchan36, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Namond's mom is one of the few really unlikable characters on the Wire. Officer Walker's obviously another.

You just can't help but feel bad for that kid. And the scene with Namond and Bunny in the hallway was sort of weird...It gives you hope for Namond, but at the same time, you remember he and his boys just jacked up a cop. He's obviously not the gangster his mother wants him to be. But he's not the choirboy Bunny Colvin wishes he could make him into.

Agree on the scene with McNulty and Bodie...Bodie's always been one of my favorites, going back to the chess-playing scene with DeAngelo in Season 1. He is definitely one smart pawn.

This is probably a point that's been talked to death here, but I've gotta say I love the way the Wire doesn't give us everything. They still haven't gone back to Rawls hanging in that gay bar in Season 3, for example. And I'm guessing we'll never get a real answer on Chris' beatdown of Bug's father...clearly there's something in his history that makes this guy especially awful; it's got to be something for cool, quiet Chris to show emotion like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted