1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire... Episode 46 and predictions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Great work....

Prop Joe is Clay Davis on the other side of the glass.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I just watched 47.

I think it is the best ep of the season so far.

And, that is saying a fucking lot.

The Sopranos better sure as fuck be taking notes how to stay true to yourself AND be better than ever toward the end.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Is comparing Prop Joe to Clay Davis an insult to Joe?

Sheee-itttttt...

Also, something I gleaned from rewatching earlier episodes, and on a noticably less-serious note:

If you check the hand positioning on the secretary as she blows the mayor when Herc walks in, well, the mayor apparently has like a 16-inch dong.

And I know all you fuckers with Tivo are going to check that shit out.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Maybe that is where Borat got the 16-inch-long black boxes from.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If it wasn't college basketball season, I would.

Oh, and I can't read. I likey books with pictures in them.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just watched the new episode... Won't spoil it. I agree, great episode. Great stuff from Snoop and Chris at the end. The preview of the last three episodes at the end gave away some of what's to come.

7. Dedo

Dedo Member

I haven't seen Episode 47 yet (so no spoilers on that one, please) but I've got a question for the group, particularly Jason and DD:

How close, really, do you see parallels between Avon and Michael and between Stringer and Randy? I know this has been a big topic of discussion on these threads, and I generally agree with the idea that Michael and Randy are supposed to be younger versions of Avon and Stringer, but I'm still a bit too skeptical to go all the way with it.

The biggest problem I have is that Avon used to talk all the time about how he wanted his "name to ring out." How he wanted his corners. How he wanted his respect. How he and Stringer talked when they were kids about owning all of Baltimore. And I just don't see those kinds of desires in Michael. Yes, I realize he's only in the seventh grade, and that ambition might come later. But to me, it's still a hard sell.

And like the rest of you, I'm afraid Randy might not live to find out if he'll ever rise to Stringer-like heights, although he did have a great Stringer moment in last night's episode. When he was talking to Dookie about Presbo not letting them use his credit card, he says, "Aren't we trustworthy?" That struck me as something Stringer would have said during his dealings with Clay Davis and the politicians in Season 3.

8. I'm not really into the Randy = Stringer Jr. thing

First off, Stringer, while not truly "in the game" had a ruthless element to the way he did business. Randy just wants to sell candy.

Also, remember the election episode, when he got paid up front and all his friends ran off with their shares, but he kept stuffing those flyers in doors. Don't think Randy has it in him to be one of the hustlers.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Randy is not Stringer.

I can't imagine Stringer squealing to get out of a beef at school.... or any other place, period.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You mean Stringer who set up having his best friend killed? That Stringer?

Stringer that was banging DeAngelo's baby momma while D did time? That Stringer?

Yeah, if he'd ever come up against 25-life, he'd have sung like a bird.

Man didn't have a code.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I see the first two as unrelated to the other.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Let me put it this way:

The show went to lengths to show that Stringer -- whatever he once was on the way up -- went soft.

He damn well would have been a squealer, and Avon thought so, too.

Since he actually did squeal -- to Bunny Colvin -- I think I win this round.

Draft saved Draft deleted