1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Wire box set released

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 22, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I'm never patient enough to wait for these with my favorite shows. I always end up buying them individually long before the complete sets are released.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I did that also.

Thanks for the link Dan, great read.

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

You can buy the set for only $89.99 at both Amazon and Best Buy.com right now. I'm hoping those deals last past Christmas should Santa not drop one off on Thursday morning.

5. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

I wasn't taking any chances. Asked Mrs. Dascenzo if she'd gotten it for me. She said no, so I quickly clicked "add to cart."

Single seasons go for $40-$50 a pop everywhere I see them, so $90 for the series is a steal.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Great, great show. I'm only nearing the end of the fourth season. Any spoilers in the link?

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Top of my Christmas list. Actually, I think it was the only thing on my Christmas list.

8. DanOregon

No spoilers - there is some information in there, but no major plot points.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Got it the other day and am midway through Season 1. So far, the discs don't seem to have many special features (1-2 commentaries per season), so you might be just as well to have bought it season-by-season if you've already done so.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Dude, seriously? It talks about several people who get killed in Season 5 in like the third paragraph.

11. DanOregon

12. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

Warning: Post contains information about characters who did NOT die in Season 5, contrary to what Double Down thinks.

The way the second and third graphs read, I agree, it makes it sound like those three people died (and/or stole from their sister) in Season 5, but anyone who has watched knows that's not the case. Either that's not what the author intended, or he royally screwed up. Hell, Snot-boogie is dead during the first scene of Season 1.

Draft saved Draft deleted