1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The weird thing on the Patriots field ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pilot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what in the hell that thing on the Patriots turf is supposed to be? It's a long thing with ... fire or sparks jumping out of it or something? It seems to be from at or around the 30 yard line and there's probably more than one. It sort of looks like ... a bridge with a gun ... or a spaceship .... or that plane from X Men (plus sparks) ... basically I don't have a clue.

Sorry ... I kind of OT, and they didn't even play at home today, but I started thinking about it and won't be able to stop.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken, but I believe it's the shape of Gillette Stadium's exterior.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The sparky thing is that lighthouse facsimile outside the stadium.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

5. They can't actually light the beacon because the stadium's in a landing path for Logan and they're afraid it might get confused for a landing beacon.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Planes are flying that low around there?

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Not only that....but they're afraid of confusing the ships using Foxboro harbor.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Two major airports within 35 miles of there, couple smaller ones within 10 miles. Coming in over Foxborough is one of the landing routes for Logan.

Draft saved Draft deleted