1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The War Over Going Gray

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Oct 4, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't care about what's on my head, but I do dye my pubic hair.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Am fighting it. All. The. Way. I suppose one day, I'll give it up ... like in my 60s ... but until then, my stylist will remain on speed dial.

3. I'm 24. My girlfriend started pointing out the gray hairs, which are relatively noticeable, last winter when I was 23. Couldn't care less about going gray. Would rather be bald, but we're talking Michael Jordan bald, not Tony Kornheiser bald.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The Canadian Passport
    business in front, party in back

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Man or woman?

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

TMI dude. TMI.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Ew.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If I had hair, it would be white.
    The Queen has some gray popping in there and is getting freaked out.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in the past year, a little gray has creeped into my goat. not really sure how i feel about it.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Gray....? You wanna say that to my face mutha fucka?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

My husband asked me a year or so ago if I thought he should go the dye route.
    Gray all over the place, and it shows up more because his hair is almost black. He'll be the silver fox by the time he's 40 it he lets it go. His dad has a massive shock of white. Tons of it.

I told him it was up to him, although I have noticed he shaves more often because it comes in white.

He's definitely starting to get the George Clooney look (altho 10 years younger). And anyone who says that's a bad thing has no clue. So I think he's just going to keep on au naturel.

As for me, it's there, but since it mixed in with the blonde it's really not noticeable unless you really look. And I don't care, so there ya go. :D

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I am starting to get a little gray and I am looking forward to the rest of it. I remember in my late 20s, a woman I was seeing was at my apartment and saw a photo of my silver-haired dad and she said, "Your father is a very handsome man."

In my early 30s I was dating a woman who was a few years older than me and her hair was completely gray. I told my younger sister that maybe she's older than she admits since her hair is gray. My sister laughed. "I've been dying my hair for years; it started turning gray after I gave birth."

Weird thing was, I was back in that city a couple years ago and ran into the ex-girlfriend. It had been 12 years. Her hair was dyed red. She walked over to me and said, "What, you were just going to ignore me?" I said, "I didn't recognize you from across the room. The hair color." I think she looked better with the gray, but maybe it's just that I wasn't used to the red.

Draft saved Draft deleted