1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The War Over Going Gray

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Oct 4, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I knew early I was going to grey prematurely. My pops went grey after he turned 25, so I knew what was in store for me.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Premature? Puh-leeze.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You do gray really well, JR. You are a handsome man (no blue font intended).

I am not gray, but I get stray strands of gray in there now. I've got no problem with it. It's the thinning hair that bothers me, although it kind of thinned out a little 5 years ago or so, and then just stopped, so I am hoping the tide was permanently stemmed.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I am losing my hair, not having it go gray, and part of me is even tempted to go the hair-implant route.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me: When did Clint Hurdle start aging by 2-3 years at a time? Guy is 50, looks older than Michael Douglas. Is it the gray?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

By the time I was 28, I had more gray hair than my mom. Of course, she somehow had NONE, so just having one was enough. Still, like IJAG, mine are all in one place - right in the front. I've been coloring my hair for at least 8 or 9 years. Nothing fancy - just what colors the gray and brings me to my natural color. I'm not particularly vain, but the gray hair bums me out.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Now that image makes me wanna gargle with Grecian Formula 16.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Let it go gray. I'm only 41 but I'm already well on my way.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'm getting grayer by the day--I think it's inherited from my son.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My biological father is just now, at 57, going gray. I have a few gray hairs here and there, but I disguise them by parting my hair over them.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My father, at 63 is just going gray and still has a full head of hair...

At 33, I have been losing my hair gradually for about five years and have only slightly fewer gray strands than my father...

Draft saved Draft deleted