1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The War Over Going Gray

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cadet, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

In our family, it goes gray, but it doesn't go away.

And that works just fine by me.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Grey is the new blond.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Something to be said for letting go gracefully. I've been getting gray the past few years, but there will be no dye for me. To me, that would be almost as bad as a comb-over on the scale of desperate vanity. Spnited's right about the ladies our age, too. I don't mind and I understand why women color their hair, but they can be very attractive with some gray.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

First, it sounds so much better if you call it silver, not grey.

Silver hair on a man is incredibly sexy to me.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I think there's a difference between silver and grey, 21. Grey is matte, silver has some sheen to it.

Anderson Cooper = grey
    Emmylou Harris = silver

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I have decided to stop dying, but the good Lord says, "Who the hell do you think you are? You all have to die some day."

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm getting some gray, and getting compliments on the look. But with the family history, that leetle bald spot will grow bit...by bit...by bit... :'(

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I got my first gray hairs in high school. I'm completely white now. It shocks me when some woman compliments me on it out of the blue, which happens every couple of months.

I love when middle-aged women show their gray proudly. It's a great look, and it says a lot about their attitude towards life.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I knew you'd come around eventually.

Just call me "The Silver Fox"

[​IMG]

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Silver/grey hair hot.

Mullets? Still not.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There's a guy at the Goose who may have the best mullet in the history of mulletdom. Problem is, he's slightly bald on top--in places.

A guy commented that he looked like a "fucking rabid squirrel" .

12. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I dated [read:casually messed around with] a girl in college who had long black hair with a single gray streak running down the middle. Very odd, but I kinda liked it.

I'd be more afraid of losing my hair than going gray myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted