1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead (Show & Comic)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 13, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Heh, read it earlier today and went to post and it bombed on me and then I got busy.

Yeah, that was fucking brutal. My wife is reading the first 50 issues right now and I told her right then...you might as well stop, you are going to be pissed.

We watched the show in B/W tonight along with the Talking Dead special. It was nice to have some zombie fun in the middle of July.

October can't come soon enough.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I read it today, too. Absolutely brutal, but that shouldn't be a surprise any more. There is only one thing they could do that would surprise me, but I'm not going to mention it for fear of spoiling what actually did happen in issue 100.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I had a feeling things were about to get brutal, and I want to see where they take this, but there were only a few characters that they could've really pissed me off by doing that to, and they picked one of them. I'm sure they wanted to make an impact with the 100th issue and all, but damn, did it have to be that?

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

FWIW, Amazon is taking preorders for the second compendium of the Walking Dead comic, which will be released on October 16. It collects issues 49-96 so, once I get this, I should just about be caught up. :)

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I want to thank each of you for not spoiling the details of #100. Mucho appreciado.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Is the show back on the air?

And what is B/W?

7. dmc

dmc Guest

october
    black and white

8. outofplace

No problem. But go read the darn thing already.

They certainly promoted the hell out of it. They were actually selling packets with seven or eight issues so people who wanted to could get all of the variant covers. As my buddy who runs a comic shop said, it's the '90s all over again.

I do like the idea of the show in black and white since that's how the book is drawn.

9. outofplace

Yes, I think they did. It had to be something with a real impact like that.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Since this is a "momentous" issue, I think we should wait at least a week to let those that need the weekend to read No. 100....but after that I would like to discuss what happened (this is going against my rule I started of saying there are no rules...but this is a good time to hold off on spoilers I think).

One thing I have to say...I'm impressed with the 'fucks per panel' in this issue. I think I counted 12 on one page. That's up there with Pulp Fiction and Goodfellas. LOL

BTW, for those that are counting, I, OOP and JR all used the word 'brutal' in succession. That should be an indicator of how WTF?! this is.

Yeah, the black and white made it more intense since I always thought the "300"-type blood splatters were overkill (moreso with the Spartacus series on Starz). I forgot how funny the episode was at the end with Glenn calling Rick a dumbass and the music to end the episode. Brilliant pilot.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Could we at least get a spoiler tag before diving into such large reveals? I know I'm a ways behind in the comic books but I'm sure I'm not to only one that wants to be here for the upcoming Season 3 book vs. TV discussions without getting tripped up because I'm watching for the second compendium to get caught up on the comics.

Not a big deal if you guys would rather talk freely. Just let me know so I know if I should duck out.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought maybe you were talking about something else, as I've seen all the shows and don't recall a B/W epi.

Draft saved Draft deleted