1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead (Show & Comic)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

To be fair, people only say the show jumped the shark on account of the show jumped the shark.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think they're almost to the point in the comics where it won't translate as well to TV. The comics have been a really slow burn since Negan. That hasn't played well on TV. Maybe that's just me. But fake-killing Glenn to bring him back and kill him later was a bonehead move.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe six seasons is it. They could continue to wring more out of it, but maybe they've mined as much quality TV out of this as they can.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anything important happen in issue 150 that just came out? I haven't read any since around 110.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It just came out today. I haven't even gotten a chance to go pick it up yet lol.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Haven't read it yet, but I did hear Carl has a very big moment.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Just finished it. Nothing huge in 150. Good issue, but no huge deaths or anything like that.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I just blew through the first 100 comics this past week to get ready for the show. Man, it was awesome seeing Carl lose his eye.
    Great way to explain it on Talking Dead, how it hit the bone on the outside of his eye and the shards of bone did the damage. Interesting...I wonder if they will put Carl in a coma for a while and have him have memory losses as well.
    The rocket launcher was a nice touch...makes me think that Negan will have it out for Darryl (and not Glenn) when he introduces Lucille to the world.
    Lake of fire was pretty sweet as well.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I like how they played with expectations in the episode. My understanding is nothing like the opening scene in the show happened in the comics, so that could have added tension to the scene with Abraham.

Of course, they kind of cheated with Glenn again.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing with Glenn. Though, for people who only watch the show, if things play out like they did with Negan, by the time it happens, everyone will think they'll find a way to save him again.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just ordered the three compendiums through Barnes & Noble. They've got a buy two get one free deal going and I had a $25 gift card from Christmas that I hadn't used yet, so I splurged a bit and got all three. They'll be here Wednesday, and I can't wait. I paid just over $50 for all three.

spikechiquet likes this.
  12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Maybe someone here can clear this up for me. They never use the word "zombie" on the show, but I've seen it used several times in the comics.

What gives?

Draft saved Draft deleted