1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead (Show & Comic)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 13, 2012.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Comics is far worse to me.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Good point. I say he's dead and Maggie will find him while searching for him.
    It's the first time I ever sat stunned while watching the show. Usually I watch with my wife, but I got home late and wanted to watch it, so I am still waiting for her to see it.
    If he is alive (I highly doubt it) and he comes back...I think people will feel more cheated on a fake out than relieved that he is alive.

3. spikechiquet

Oh, and yeah...the comic is much more brutal.
    Maybe they save that death for Darryl now?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Possible. I would hate to see Darryl go out like that rather than go down fighting, but it would fit in with the show. Just as Glenn ended up being torn apart (assuming there is no cheat) in part because he never wants to give up on anybody. Giving Nicholas a second chance sure as hell didn't pay off.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

If they do end up killing him here (I don't think he's dead), it would kinda fit the "don't give people a second chance" theme. He gave Nicholas a second chance, and that leads to his death. Morgan gives the Wolves he didn't kill a second chance, and they end up attacking Rick and leaving him in a spot where he could die (he won't, of course).

6. outofplace

There was also the guy at the prison, the one Rick pushed outside rather than just killing him. He ended up creating a deadly zombie attack.

7. spikechiquet

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I love that casting. Should be awesome. I'm sure he'll show up at the end of the season, and then it's bye-bye Glenn for sure.

9. spikechiquet

We have a Negan 'sighting'!

My guess is when they come back from break they will have Jessie and the younger child (Sam? I forget his name) killed off like the comics.
    It will be interesting to see if they have Morgan killed off during this herd attack. My guess is no.

A semi-spoiler..../rumor
    The guy that stole Darryl's crossbow and bike is supposedly Dwight (Negan's right-hand man) and this set up what was only mentioned in the books, that he screwed one of Negan's wives and was punished with a hot iron to the face.

I just read the books again as a refresher. I'm ok with what the show is doing by skipping some parts and making new some other stuff.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Disappointed they didn't give us Carl's eye getting shot out. Looks like it might be after they come back, but don't know why they don't trim some crap from this episode and fit it in if they are going to do it.

11. outofplace

Mid-season premiere trailer. Prominently features a Negan reference. Also has Maggie screaming in horror. Uh-oh.

12. spikechiquet

I can picture it now: "Why "kill" Glenn only to bring him back to kill him for real? This show has jumped the shark." and other bitching suchas.

Draft saved Draft deleted