1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Voyeur's Motel

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 6, 2016.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Also, if the subtext is practically lit up in neon letters, it's probably not subtle enough:

You see, not only is Talese a voyeur by reading these journals, aren't we, the readers, voyeurs by reading about him reading the journals? And hasn't Talese made the reader his accomplice throughout his career? And aren't all readers really voyeurs...? etc etc.

Still, putting aside the snark, I thought it was a good article.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Finally read it this afternoon.

Every single line read to me like a great work...of fiction.

I nearly threw the magazine across the room when his tie slipped through the vent. Good thing the male half of the 69 below "had his eyes closed."

Mine were open, but rolling.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I can see it being a good movie -- especially in those hands. The article itself was perfect for a New Yorker article; whether the was a healthy dose of BS in it or not. I can not see wanting to read that book, though.

5. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Next thing you know, Sinatra didn't have a cold either.

Liut and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Plot twist!

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Or maybe Sinatra had the flu!

Liut likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This bit made me laugh out loud: "He was looking down on Room 6, where he saw a guest eating Kentucky Fried Chicken while sitting on the bed. Instead of using paper napkins, the man cleaned his hands on the bedsheets. He then wiped the grease off his beard and mouth with the bedspread. Without realizing what he was doing, Foos shouted, “You son of a bitch!”"

11. LouGrant1995

LouGrant1995 New Member

Watched the documentary, found it interesting and repulsive at same time.

Draft saved Draft deleted